Friday, May 30, 2008

How Do You Know You're Saved?

ex-atheist, a commenter on Ray Comfort's blog, posted this. It is really good.

"Jason said...
So how can you say with any certainty that you are saved? And I mean both you, Ray Comfort, as well as you in general.

1. By the promises of God. (Assurance)

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1John 5:13

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-30

For I am confident of this very thing, that God, who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

2. Because of the change in your life. (Evidence)

New Attitude:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

New Desires:
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Matthew 5:6

New Priorities:
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14.

If someone claims to be a Christian but the evidence isn't there like faithfulness or pressing on - it's because they (or you) never knew the Lord. Their "Christianity" might have been religious, ritual, an experiment, but not salvation."

May 29, 2008 8:02 PM

You can find the comment by going to Ray Comfort's Blog, "The SoapBox--Comfort Food" (http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/)

It is on the 29May08 posting in the comments section.

2 comments:

Dianna Wood said...

Dear Choco,

I didn't want to leave this comment on Ray's Blog but felt compelled to respond to your comment. No, I can't humble myself and neither can you and neither can the atheist's on Rays blog. It is only by God's grace that the natural man can be humbled. It is not a work we do in order to merit the gift of salvation, it is a work He does in us.

To Him be all the Praise and Glory and Power, forever!

ForHisSake

choco said...

Sorry, but I take the Bible in its plain, normal sense, so should you.
I have more later.

Thanks