Sunday, June 8, 2008

Choices



Choices

We are have choices to make--everyday of our life. We need to make right choices. The pictures here are of a young woman 1.5 years apart. She used meth, and it ruined her. Some choices are not so obvious, but they are bad choices. Consider these:

Bad Choices

Ananias and Sapphira

They choose to lie.

But there was a man named Ananias, who with his wife Sapphira sold some property that belonged to them. But with his wife's agreement he kept part of the money for himself and turned the rest over to the apostles. Peter said to him, "Ananias, why did you let Satan take control of you and make you lie to the Holy Spirit by keeping part of the money you received for the property? Before you sold the property, it belonged to you; and after you sold it, the money was yours. Why, then, did you decide to do such a thing? You have not lied to people---you have lied to God!" (Acts 5:1-4)

Judas

He choose money instead of the Lord Jesus.

Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples, went off to the chief priests in order to betray Jesus to them. They were pleased to hear what he had to say, and promised to give him money. So Judas started looking for a good chance to hand Jesus over to them. (Mark 14:10-11)

Felix

He choose to wait instead of believing the Gospel.

And after some days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish, he sent for Paul and heard him concerning the faith in Christ. Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, "Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you." (Acts 24:24-25)

*********

Good Choices

Mary, the mother of the Lord Jesus

She humbled herself.

Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.
(Luke 1:38)

Man with sick child

He believed the Lord Jesus

When he heard that Jesus had come from Judea to Galilee, he went to him and asked him to go to Capernaum and heal his son, who was about to die. Jesus said to him, "None of you will ever believe unless you see miracles and wonders." "Sir," replied the official, "come with me before my child dies." Jesus said to him, "Go; your son will live!" The man believed Jesus' words and went. On his way home his servants met him with the news, "Your boy is going to live!" He asked them what time it was when his son got better, and they answered, "It was one o'clock yesterday afternoon when the fever left him." Then the father remembered that it was at that very hour when Jesus had told him, "Your son will live." So he and all his family believed. This was the second miracle that Jesus performed after coming from Judea to Galilee. (John 4:47-54)

Remember

The Bible, God has given us, has the standard of right and wrong; let us follow it.

I have chosen to be obedient; I have paid attention to your judgments. I have followed your instructions, LORD; don't let me be put to shame. I will eagerly obey your commands, because you will give me more understanding. Teach me, LORD, the meaning of your laws, and I will obey them at all times. Explain your law to me, and I will obey it; I will keep it with all my heart. Keep me obedient to your commandments, because in them I find happiness. Give me the desire to obey your laws rather than to get rich. (Psalms 119:30-36)

No comments: