Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christian Divorce?

All too many Christian (?) marriages are unhealthy and are headed to or have already divorced. This ia horrible situation. I get tired of the cheap excuse, "It's best for the children." No, it isn't. You need help.

An article from the Christian Post has this to say: The Barna Group found in its latest study that born again Christians who are not evangelical were indistinguishable from the national average on the matter of divorce with 33 percent having married and divorced at least once. Among all born again Christians, which includes evangelicals, the divorce figure is 32 percent, which is statistically identical to the 33 percent figure among non-born again adults, the research group noted.

This is the pits; it is evil. What is wrong? Selfishness, unforgiveness, an attitude of "I have my rights", etc?

Even though it is not Christian, you can find a postive attitude that you can stay married, happily from Divorce Busting, a web site by Michele Weiner-Davis. Her header reads: "It's never too late to save your marriage!"

Don't fall for the Christian counselor who steers you into divorce. Check out her site.

It does hurt the children. Read this poem.

LORD, TEACH MY PARENTS (Category: Forgiveness)

Dear Lord, the parents that gave me life
Now hate each other and live in strife.
They act as if I were not there;
They scream and yell and do not care
That by them breaking our family apart,
It makes me cry and breaks my heart.

Lord, tell them not to make me choose,
Who to love and who to lose.
I pray that You will make them see,
That parents are supposed to be
Teachers of how we are to act …
Not showing anger, violence, or getting others back.

Remind them that seeds of kindness and love
Grow children with strong roots, blessed from above.
Jesus, I ask You on bended knee,
Teach them love and forgiveness, like You have taught me.



“But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do
good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use
you, and persecute you that you may be the children of your Father
who is in heaven.” Matt. 5:44-45 KJV

Valerie Bauer Rousseau
USA

No comments: