Thursday, December 15, 2016

Advent Calendar, 15 Dec 16

Advent Weekly Themes, Daily Scriptures


I expanded Pastor Dr. James Leonard's recommendation by supplying the Scripture reading and placing each day on a separate page.

Please read these passages, think on them, and study them.

Pastor Dr. James Leonard"s post can be found here:
<http://treasuresoldandnewbiblicaltexts.blogspot.com/2007/11/advent-weekly-themes-daily-scriptures.html>

Thursday Philippians 4:4,10-13 “Joy and Contentment”
Philippians 4:4
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4, NKJV)
Philippians 4:10-13
"But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:10-13, NKJV)

No comments: