Thursday, February 16, 2017

Does God Lie? Can We lie?

The core of God's being is in truth.

Titus 1:2 "...in the hope of eternal life which God, who does not lie, promised before eternal ages..." and Hebrews 6:18 "...in order that through two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge may have powerful encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us..."

With this we have God's example of not telling everything as what He said to Samuel, the prophet, in 1 Samuel 16:1, "The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you grieve over Saul? I have rejected him from being king over Israel. Fill your horn with oil and set out; I will send you to Jesse the Bethlehemite, for I have provided for myself a king among his sons.”

1 Samuel 16:2-3 said, “How can I go? If Saul hears of it, he will kill me.” And the Lord said, “Take a heifer with you, and say, ‘I have come to sacrifice to the Lord.’ Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what you shall do; and you shall anoint for me the one whom I name to you.”

God didn't say to tell everything.

Samuel than did tell the truth.

Some may claim that Samuel lied.

Samuel told the truth.

Samuel did sacrifice.

No comments: