Monday, August 4, 2008

The False Teachers

I found this comment on a One News Now report. Somebody might wonder where the proof that what this commenter says is true but from the many teachings on-line and in print, I believe it is true. If you want to know more about the Emergent Church read here.

I was a member of Brian McLaren's church for 10 years before he was famous. The only folks he ever criticized were what he called Fundamentalists. Most of the rest of us would probably call them committed Christians. I left after 10 years when I found my faith in Christ was destroyed. There was a big controversy at the church a while back when some of my friends insisted they put the name "Jesus" in the church's mission statement, but McLaren wouldn't allow it; said it would offend people. McClaren once told me he wished James Dobson weren't so political; an objection that apparently doesn't apply to himself. I wouldn't compare McLaren and Rick Warren. It's not fair to Warren. But please don't waste any thought on McLaren or the Emergent Church fad. No lasting movement ever came from a man telling people what he DOESN'T believe.

No comments: