Thursday, August 27, 2009

Psalm 101

Promised Faithfulness to the Lord
A Psalm of David.
I will sing of mercy and justice;
To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.


2 I will behave wisely in a perfect way.
Oh, when will You come to me?
I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.


3 I will set nothing wicked before my eyes;
I hate the work of those who fall away;
It shall not cling to me.
4 A perverse heart shall depart from me;
I will not know wickedness.


5 Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor,
Him I will destroy;
The one who has a haughty look and a proud heart,
Him I will not endure.


6 My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land,
That they may dwell with me;
He who walks in a perfect way,
He shall serve me.
7 He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house;
He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence
8 Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land,
That I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the Lord.



A1 Singing

        B1 To God, not myself, government, or others

        B2 The subject of praise is mercy and justice

A2 Perfect

        B1 Does not mean sinless

        B2 Means complete; in all areas seeking to obey God's rules and do God's will.

A3 In my house

        B1 In private, I will obey as well as in public

        B2 Before my family I will also.

A4 There will be holiness in my life

        B1 Holiness is a separation from the world's ways and worldview

        B2 Holiness is a separation to God, His ways, and worldview

A5 Secret slanders

        B1 God knows all things, even the thoughts of my heart

        B2 God is not pleased and will punish

        B3 We have been warned

        B4 We need to confess our sin and repent, that is, not do it any more

        B5 God is merciful

A6 God watches those who are faithful to Him

        B1 Faithful is to obey from the heart, not just outwardly

        B2 These will live with Him in heaven

        B3 Our job will be to serve God

                C1 His yoke is easy and burden is light

                C2 We better learn this now before it is too late

        B4 We can't fool God

                C1 He knows the one who is a fake in serving Him

                C2 Judas did not fool the Lord Jesus

        B5 God does not like liars

                C1 He does not lie

                C2 He will punish liars

                C3 It often appears that people tell lies more than they tell the truth

A7 God will not have the wicked in His presence

        B1 They will not be in heaven

        B2 The wicked are those who

                C1 Openly rebel

                C2 Secretly rebel, that is, they outwardly obey, but inwardly disobey

No comments: