Thursday, September 5, 2019

Deuteronomy 31:6

Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Moses is speaking to Israel

He gives these truths
• Be strong
• Be courageous
• Do not be afraid or terrified

He tells them why
• God (Yahweh) goes with you
• He will never leave you
• He will never forsake you

God's protection
• He is able
• Jude 1:24-25 GNB92 To him who is able to keep you from falling and to bring you faultless and joyful before his glorious presence— to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, might, and authority, from all ages past, and now, and forever and ever! Amen.
• 2 Corinthians 12:9 GNB92 But his answer was: “My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak.” I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me.

He is encouraging. What God told Israel can be applied to us: Isaiah 41:9 HCSB I brought you from the ends of the earth and called you from its farthest corners. I said to you: You are My servant; I have chosen you and not rejected you.

He is reliable: 1 Corinthians 1:8-9 Weymouth who will also keep you stedfast to the very End, so that you will be free from reproach on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is ever true to His promises, and it was by Him that you were, one and all, called into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ, our Lord.

No comments: